Inspection & Maintenance of Life boats/Davits
MARLAND Boat Service Ltd
In regard to Safety, we represent in Greece/ Cyprus and Germany, Marland Boat Service Ltd/ Hong Kong SAR, China, an authorized workshop with long experienced personnel, specializing in servicing lifeboats, davits & winches, in compliance to IMO regulation Maritime Safety as per amendments to SOLAS regulations III/3 and III/20. These amendments entered into force on 1 January 2020 and introduced mandatory new requirements for the maintenance and inspection of lifeboats and rescue boats, launching appliances and release gear to be carried out by ‘certified personnel’ as per Resolution MSC.402(96).
Equipment covered by the new requirements include:
- Lifeboats (including free-fall lifeboats), rescue boats and fast rescue boats;
- Launching appliances and on-load and off-load release gear for lifeboats (including primary and secondary means of launching appliances for free-fall lifeboats), rescue boats, fast rescue boats and davit-launched liferafts.
Our principals provide:
- Authorized Periodic Service - Inspection & Maintenance of Life boats/ Davits (Annual and 5yearly inspection of Lifeboats, Hooks, Davits & gear winches)
- Repairs of Lifeboats, Davits and Winches
- Issuance of Original Manufacturers Certificates
- Supply of Lifeboat/ davits Genuine spare parts
- Modification Kit installation and certification
MBS Ltd. is authorized by most Lifeboat and Davits makers and has obtained the approval by most of the major Flag States and Classification Societies to perform the lifeboat service in compliance with the statutory requirement of IMO MSC.402(96) and has been providing their services to numerous ships, among which, many owned by Greek owners.
Authorized Service availability worldwide
MBS Ltd, provide their services across all ports and shipyards in China.
Over the years, MBS has established own service stations in China, Hong Kong, also Taiwan, Korea and Singapore.
Other seaports are being serviced by their Service Partners worldwide.